- Sugar confection shall be any product made principally from sugar, glucose, sorbitol or any other sweetening substances, other than non-nutritive sweetening substance, with or without other food, and shall include chewing gum, bubble gum and other masticatory confection and cake decoration but shall not include frozen confection.
- Sugar confection may contain permitted colouring substance, permitted flavouring substance, permitted food conditioner and acesulfame potassium not exceeding 3,500 mg/kg as permitted non-nutritive sweetening substance.
- Chewing gum and bubble gum may contain carnauba wax not exceeding 1,200 mg/kg as a glazing agent and β-cyclodextrin not exceeding 20,000 mg/kg as permitted food conditioner.
[Am. P.U.(A) 160/04, 306/09]
- Confectionery including hard and soft candy, nougats, etc. other than food categories 05.1, 05.3 and 05.4(5.2)
- Hard candy(5.2.1)
- Soft candy(5.2.2)
- Chewing Gum(5.3)
- Decorations (e.g. for fine bakery wares), toppings (non-fruit) and sweet sauces(5.4)
- Sweeteners, including honey(11.0)
- Other sugars and syrups (e.g. xylose, maple syrup, sugar toppings)(11.4)
Codex Commodity Standard
Kongsi di 0000
Modified: October 18, 2016 at 3:43 pm