- Botanical beverage mix shall be a preparation made from the edible portions or extract of plants or herbs, with or without sweetening substance and other food, and includes herbal beverage mix.
- Botanical beverage mix may contain permitted preservative, permitted colouring substance, permitted natural flavouring substance and permitted food conditioner.
- When botanical beverage mix is in ready-to-drink form, it shall be construed to be a botanical beverage.
- For the purpose of subregulation (3), botanical beverage shall include herbal tea derived from the plant Mesona chinensis, chrysanthemum tea derived from the plant Chrysanthemum morifolium, and herbal beverage.
- There shall be written in the label on a package containing botanical beverage mix the words “botanical beverage mix” or “herbal beverage mix” immediately followed by the name of the botanical source or herbal source, of that mix beverage.
- There shall be written in the label on a package containing botanical beverage the words “botanical beverage” or “herbal beverage” immediately followed by the name of the botanical source or the herbal source, of that beverage.
[Am. P.U.(A) 90/99]
- Beverages, excluding dairy products (14.0)
- Non-alcoholic (“soft”) beverages (14.1)
- Fruit and vegetable juices (14.1.2)
- Fruit juice (184.108.40.206)
- Water-based flavoured drinks, including “sport,” “energy,” or “electrolyte” drinks and particulated drinks (14.1.4)
- Non-carbonated water-based flavoured drinks, including punches and ades (220.127.116.11)
Codex Commodity Standard
Kongsi di 0000
Modified: October 19, 2016 at 8:57 am